Friday

Leaving the World Behind

http://eskipaper.com/images/spring-flowers-6.jpg

It's amazing how entering the Lord's House can take away your burdens - even for a short time.  When I walked into the temple yesterday, I was very heavy laden.  I had some serious business issues on my mind - and frankly I really didn't want to work my shift at the temple.  But I got ready and went - not knowing how I would be able to focus at all during my shift.

As I walked up the sidewalk to the temple - it was glorious.  Spring was in full bloom.  The mountains behind it were breathtaking.  I was so thankful for the beauty surrounding me - and the diligent temple workers who groom the temple grounds on a daily basis.

As I approached the temple door, I really didn't want to be there.  I felt like, of all the days I needed to stay home, this was one of them.  I had so much on my mind that needed to be dealt with, I really didn't want to serve others.

Then the miracle happened. The instance I walked through the temple doors - it hit me like a ton of bricks.  There was an instant ease of mind as I entered the temple.  I actually looked around me to see what was really happening.  I instantly felt at peace and knew this is where I needed to be. My mind was instantly at peace.  I served my shift and home I went - with much more clarity of mind than that morning.  The miracle in the temple yesterday - was my own.

I love this scripture:
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
Mosiah 24:15







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...