This past summer my kids really wanted to have a day with the cousins that are close to us. So they planned a cousins day. They planned the activities, the food/snacks, location, etc. We even made shirts for all of us to be matchy-matchy (you'll notice one older child and her buddy have red shirts, while the rest of us have orange. Her buddy loves Spider Man so she made his/hers special). And of course we brought our dog along just for fun. Each older child/adult had a little buddy to keep track of, so we gave everyone matching wristbands with their buddy, so they always knew who they had to keep tabs on.
Here is what we did:
1. Gathered, handed out shirts (this was a fun surprise for the cousins).
2. Painted rocks (we were in the mountains).
3. Snack - pudding and Jello cups
4. Water balloon toss, water gun fight
5. Lunch-sandwiches, chips, fruits, veggies, cookies, Capri-sun, Koolaid twistups
6. Hike, nature scavenger hunt
7. Snack - otter pops
8. Shooting ping pong balls off of golf tees with water gun
9. Frisbee, free time, Rice Krispie treats
It was such a fun day. When they were being picked up we heard more than one say to their mom "best day ever!". We hope to continue this tradition every year or two.