Thursday

Halloween sign - Witch, cat and brew


At our house we are all about fun Halloween decor.  We do not like the scary stuff.  This design was perfect for us.  My daughter loves the purple sparkly glitter effect.

Here is how to make it:
1. You'll need a piece of wood slightly larger than the vinyl decal you order.  
2. Order the vinyl decal from our website HEREShown in brushed silver.
3. Paint or stain the wood. I only stained my mdf wood with ebony (black) stain. I wanted to try it without paint and I like how it looks. Allow to dry (stain will take longer to dry.  If using stain, you could apply the vinyl to the unstained wood, then stain it, then quickly wipe the stain off the vinyl).
4. Apply vinyl decal. **On my sign, the way it looks is by default. I thought I messed up on mine so I tried to sand off the vinyl decal - well, it didn't sand off, it just roughed up the vinyl a little bit - so I decided to just go with that and it turned out great!** I will have to remember that "technique" for future projects.  (I do not advocate sanding vinyl decals, but this one time - it worked!)
5. To get the glitter effect, I sprayed the board with a clear/matte finishing spray.  Working quickly - sprinkle glitter lightly all over board (before spray dries). The glitter will stick to the spray and hold it in place.  You could spray a coat on top of the glitter, as well, if you wanted.
6. Wrap wire thru holes and curl with needle-nosed pliers. 



 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...