Monday

Homemade Febreze

I received a travel size Febreze in my Christmas stocking last year.  It sat on my dresser for months until I figured out I wanted it in my car! I love freshening up the car after I take a car load of kids somewhere, or in the middle of a road trip.  Or when I'm asked to drive last minute - I can quickly freshen up the car.  

When it ran out I wondered if I could just refill it?  I searched for homemade recipes online.  After tweeking them a little, I created the perfect recipe to use!

Here is my recipe (for a travel size bottle):
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 - 1 1/2 tsp fabric softener (more for more scent)
Mix together in a cup.  Pour into travel size spray bottle.  Shake slightly before each use.

Here is my recipe (for a mid-full size spray bottle):
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbsp baking soda
1-2 Tbsp fabric softener (more for more scent)
Mix together in the spray bottle.  Shake slightly before each use.

You can use any fabric softener you desire.  I like how each time I make this - it can be a different smell. Lightly spray on any cloth item - rug, seats, furniture, clothing, etc...


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...